We are hiring!
Big Brothers Big Sisters
of the Fraser Valley
Job Description 2015
Job Title: Office Coordinator Temporary Maternity leave contract position
Position: Office coordinator
Reporting to: Executive Director
Hours: 35 hours per week, flexible on approval.
Organizational Role: Across all areas within the organization.
Geographical responsibility includes Abbotsford, Mission, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Chilliwack, Agassiz, Hope.
The office coordinator is responsible for overseeing and managing general office duties while supporting the Executive Director, Director of Program and Mentoring Coordinators.
(This position requires a driver’s license and a dependable vehicle)
The Office Coordinator:
- -works under direction of the Executive Director
- -works closely with the Executive Director, accountant/bookkeeper, fund development team and casework team
- -is responsible for overseeing the clerical and administrative duties associated with the daily operations of the agency
The Office Coordinator:
- -demonstrates belief in BBBS Mission, Vision and Diversity statements of the agency
- -adheres to internal administrative reporting and procedures
- -respects the policies as set by the Board, including privacy and confidentiality
- -communicates and interacts tactfully and respectfully
- -exhibits and models a professional demeanour
- -follows direction carefully and independently
- -exhibits and models appropriate oral and written communication skills
- -exhibits advanced computer skills works with various software systems, excel, publisher, word and In Design
- -exhibits and models sound organizational and planning skills
- -exhibits and models creative problem solving habits and priority setting skills
- -performs multiple tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner
The Office Coordinator performs duties as assigned which include:
- -assists with training ofnew staff
- -coordinating payroll duties
- -managing accounts payables and receivables in collaboration with the accountant/bookkeeper and Executive Director
- -creating, maintaining and updating office files
- -updating or creating documents and forms as needed
- -typing correspondence, reports and other documents as directed
- -maintaining/updating shared office calendar
- -answering phones and directing calls
- -managing timely and efficient procurement of office supplies
- -managing IT requirements in collaboration with technical support service provider and Executive Director
- -managing job postings and screening of applicants in collaboration with the Executive Director
- -overseeing office system and machine upgrades as needed
- -managing agency website, Facebook page and BBBS Twitter account in collaboration with the Executive Director
- -overseeing the administrative duties associated with the fund development and casework departments
- -maintaining building up keep and cleaning
- -performing duties as assigned in a complete and timely manner
- -Coordinating marketing materials for fundraisers, volunteer recruitment and events
The Office Coordinator accepts that the content of this job description can change from time to time, but all fundamental changes will be discussed with the Office Manager prior to implementation.
The Office Coordinator may be expected to perform other duties that may be reasonable, but which are not stipulated in the job description. These expectations will be clearly articulated by the Executive Director prior to performance.
Please send your application to: bigbrothersbigsisters.ca
We are thankful for the great community support we have received for the 26th Annual Charity Golf Classic Event. It was a great success and we were able to meet our financial goals which will help us to serve over 450 children and youth in the Fraser Valley.
Cap-it International has launched their first partnership product!
Rover is now for sale, well a very cute stuffed likeness of him is, at Cap-it locations across the country with a portion of the proceeds going to local Big Brothers Big Sisters organizations. We are very excited about this partnership rolling out!
Pick up the stuffed pup at your local store and help support Big Brothers Big Sisters programs!